Saturday, December 6, 2008

U.N. Show Their True Colors

I don't believe it. Can you imagine that the United Nations Mideast envoy condemned Israeli 'settler' violence following the expulsion of Jews for a Jewish home in Hebron?
Say it isn't so. I always thought that the UN was a balanced, rational organization that treated all people as equals. Could it be that that's not the case?

According to a piece in the JPost.com: "I welcome the evacuation by Israeli security forces of approximately 200 settlers from a house in Hebron yesterday," Robert Serry, UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process said. "I condemn the ensuing violence and attacks by Israeli settlers against Palestinian civilians and the destruction and desecration of Palestinian property, mosques and graves, as well as settler attacks on Israeli security forces."

Funny, I missed the report condemning the firing of missiles into Israeli cities, and the strong condemnation against continued terror attacks against Israeli targets.

It couldn't be the UN, it must be me. I guess I need to read the paper more often and I am sure I will find the even handedness of the UN.

No comments: