Monday, December 15, 2008

Is Madoff Fraud Going to Cause Anti-Semitism?

I am not a big Anti-Semitism guy. I usually cringe when Jews bring up the issue, sort of like the Jewish race card, but the $50 billion fraud by Bernard Madoff, has me worried that we may be in for a wave of Anti-Semitism. The past 14 months of chaos and disaster in global financial markets has been disproportionally affected Jews. From former Lehman Brothers CEO Richard Fuld, to AIG head Maurice Greenberg and now Madoff, almost all the high profile scandals have Jews at the forefront.

The blogesphere has been filled with Anti-Semitic posts, blaming everything from the September 11 terror attacks, to the collapse of the global financial system on the Jews. I decided not to link to anyone of these blogs, as I don't want to help their traffic. Needless to say, Jews may be in for some hard times.

No comments: